Re: Getting worried about the CISSP

From: The Kid (vegaj12_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 03/27/04

Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 22:35:40 GMT

ANYONE GOT ANY CBT OR TRAINNG MATERIAL FOR THE CISSP? I HAVE THE LEARNKEY
CD, I am looking for other material. If you would like to trade let me know

<none@none.com> wrote in message
> I have been following the posts & discussions on various forums and ng's
> regarding individuals taking & passing the CISSP.
>
> I have been reading the posts and comments these people are making. I am
> really getting concerened about the validity of the CISSP and the future
of
> the designation. I am getting the impression that many of these people
know
> nothing about the subject, have no passion for the industry and are
walking
> around touting a CISSP designation in hopes of getting a 6 figure salary.
>
> I am getting the impression the CISSP is getting way too heavily promoted
> by ISC2 to just about anyone willing to dish out the cash for it. i am
> getting a little concerned.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Getting worried about the CISSP
    ... > regarding individuals taking & passing the CISSP. ... > I have been reading the posts and comments these people are making. ... I am getting the impression that many of these people ... > around touting a CISSP designation in hopes of getting a 6 figure salary. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Getting worried about the CISSP
    ... > regarding individuals taking & passing the CISSP. ... > I have been reading the posts and comments these people are making. ... I am getting the impression that many of these people know ... have no passion for the industry and are walking ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Getting worried about the CISSP
    ... There are two basic security certifications, ... > hi sorry to bug you but what is "CISSP"? ... I am getting the impression that many of these people ... >> around touting a CISSP designation in hopes of getting a 6 figure ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: certification
    ... > through some of the previous posts on this topic but can I ... The CISSP is deemed by most to be a worthwhile certification. ... there is an experience requirement that someone with a CISSP ... Todd H. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Getting worried about the CISSP
    ... regarding individuals taking & passing the CISSP. ... I have been reading the posts and comments these people are making. ... around touting a CISSP designation in hopes of getting a 6 figure salary. ... I am getting the impression the CISSP is getting way too heavily promoted ...
    (alt.computer.security)