Re: Ports owned by firewall

From: Kerodo (kerodo~nospam~kenny_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 03/18/04

Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 00:45:24 GMT

dragonseed@spray.se (unglued) wrote in
news:35f2c8ef.0403171046.17588507@posting.google.com:

> I've just uppgraded to a new pc with XP pro and have been struggling
> to whack down all those services that happily open ports right left
> and center. Preferably I would like all ports to be stealthed but I
> have a handfull left in status closed and 1 open and they all belong
> to my firewall Kerio. Is there any point in asking Kerio to block
> itself or does one just have to accept that and assume Kerio knows
> what it's doing ?

I think Kerio knows what it's doing, but you can always block it for an
extra measure of security...

--
Kerodo

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Ports owned by firewall
    ... > to whack down all those services that happily open ports right left ... Is there any point in asking Kerio to block ... The first entry in my ruleset does exactly that: Blocks Kerio from ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Ports owned by firewall
    ... > to whack down all those services that happily open ports right left ... Is there any point in asking Kerio to block ... The first entry in my ruleset does exactly that: Blocks Kerio from ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Ports owned by firewall
    ... I've just uppgraded to a new pc with XP pro and have been struggling ... to whack down all those services that happily open ports right left ... Is there any point in asking Kerio to block ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Ports owned by firewall
    ... I've just uppgraded to a new pc with XP pro and have been struggling ... to whack down all those services that happily open ports right left ... Is there any point in asking Kerio to block ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Ports owned by firewall
    ... > to whack down all those services that happily open ports right left ... Is there any point in asking Kerio to block ... extra measure of security... ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)