Re: VPN access from hotel

From: Leythos (void_at_nowhere.com)
Date: 03/13/04

Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 22:40:25 GMT

In article <3WK4c.1012$J05.27033@attbi_s01>, WickedStik@nowhere.net
says...
> We have skirted firewall issues by using SSL VPN. Greatest thing since
> sliced bread.
>

> "Peter" <peter.stromstedt@stockholm.mail.telia.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "P" <P@no_spam.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > I am trying to find the best VPN configuration option for remote users
> who
> > > need to access the corporate network from hotel or airport where NAT/PAT
> > is
> > > used. We are using a Cisco Pix firewall on our network. I believe NAT
> > > prevents VPN access in some cases. How can I go around that? Any
> > > suggestions? Thank you. P
> > >

> > Allow UDP connection in your pix and then it will work if you deffine then
> > tunnel fore UDP

We allow PPTP sessions for mobile users - they authenticate with the
firewall and the rules determine where they can get.

spamfree999@rrohio.com
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: VPN access from hotel
    ... > We have skirted firewall issues by using SSL VPN. ... > sliced bread. ... >> Allow UDP connection in your pix and then it will work if you deffine then ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: VPN access from hotel
    ... What's so great about sliced bread? ... >> We have skirted firewall issues by using SSL VPN. ... >>> tunnel fore UDP ... > We allow PPTP sessions for mobile users - they authenticate with the ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: VPN access from hotel
    ... What's so great about sliced bread? ... >> We have skirted firewall issues by using SSL VPN. ... >>> tunnel fore UDP ... > We allow PPTP sessions for mobile users - they authenticate with the ...
    (alt.computer.security)