Re: Security & Encryption FAQ - Revision 18

From: know-doubt about it (zzz_at_zzz.zzz)
Date: 03/08/04

Date: 8 Mar 2004 15:27:04 -0600

That Other Guy <somebody@someplace.net> wrote in
news:lukn40pnc5ijrv5fhh6llddmqv7fksd0sk@4ax.com:

> Take a look at this page from the Cotse website concerning US
> cooperation with China's crackdown on internet disidents.
> http://www.cotse.net/privacy/us_china.htm
>
> This sort of cooperation usually works both ways. Since Hong Kong is
> under Chinese sovereignty it would seem that the Privacy.li Hong Kong
> server is not such a safe bet after all for those in the US. If I
> were thinking about using the Liechtenstein server I would take a
> close look at that country to see if there are similar issues.
>
> tog

Thanks for the info TOG. There are a number of things in the Security Faq.
Reading about privacy issues in the UK from the Faq, I wonder about using
PuTTY software from the U.K. Doing research on anonymizer.com I found
things that may make that provider unsuitable to some for privacy.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Security & Encryption FAQ - Revision 18
    ... cooperation with China's crackdown on internet disidents. ... This sort of cooperation usually works both ways. ... under Chinese sovereignty it would seem that the Privacy.li Hong Kong ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Hong Kong to Nanjing (flight? or some other means?)
    ... sort this out before i fly to HKG - also looking at the Chinese consulates site I may have to have confirmed travel arrangements to sort ... to buy a Hong Kong to Nanjing ticket before arriving in Hong Kong. ... Could you give me an idea of how quickly a tourist visa for mainland China can be obtained in Hong Kong for a British citizen? ...
    (rec.travel.asia)
  • Anyone _bean to Honkers lately?
    ... What's the procedure for a reciprocal license for a ... month stay in Hong Kong? ... Since it's sort of china I suppose there ...
    (uk.radio.amateur)