Re: laptop security

From: John (john.veldhuisSTOPSPAM_at_universal.nl)
Date: 03/05/04

Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 14:57:14 +0100

Gadi Evron wrote:
> The loss of information due to laptop thefts is extremely high, here is
> an innovation that may possibly be as useless as car theft alarms
> (unless you are nearby and didn't leave the laptop in the car), but it's
> a good start. This may actually be useful.

It does not help much against the loss of information.
Sure, you retrieve your laptop, but all the data is already copied.

As (loss off) data is usually more costly than the price of a laptop,
encrypt your hard disk completely, I would say.

Groetjes
  John

Relevant Pages

  • Re: for journey
    ... I don't know if my renter's insurance covers the items. ... The laptop was stolen while I was ... The two insurance claims were from letting homeless people that I ... I cope with the laptop bag loss by accepting responsibility for not ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • [Full-Disclosure] RE: laptop security
    ... > The loss of information due to laptop thefts is extremely ... > an innovation that may possibly be as useless as car theft alarms ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: laptop security
    ... > The loss of information due to laptop thefts is extremely high, ... > an innovation that may possibly be as useless as car theft alarms ... > (unless you are nearby and didn't leave the laptop in the car), ... It does not help much against the loss of information. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • RE: APM Question
    ... Why I chose a laptop is ... > safely shut down and turn off on the loss of power on the AC connection. ... I have to press the power button. ... It has settings for buttons and what to do ...
    (Fedora)
  • [Full-Disclosure] laptop security
    ... have nightmares already!". ... The loss of information due to laptop thefts is extremely high, ... an innovation that may possibly be as useless as car theft alarms ...
    (Full-Disclosure)