Re: Is PPPoE account usable (roaming) everywhere?

From: Colonel Flagg (colonel_flagg_at_NOSOUPFORJ00internetwarzone.org)
Date: 03/05/04

Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 03:17:42 -0500

In article <c29c64$17e25@imsp212.netvigator.com>, ThinkingWalker@not-
available-yet.com says...
> Just wonder if pppoe account can be used if I travel to other countries
> at which there's also an adsl line connection. For example, if my relatives
> at oversea have an adsl connection, can I still use my own pppoe account
> at his place instead of using his account. I ask this because I found
> that I could use my own pppoe account to logon at my friend's place (in
> the same city), but he's using another isp that is different from my isp.
> Thanks for any idea.

hmmm, I would have thought it would be restricted per-ISP. could your
friends connection be colocated, meaning either your ISP buys from his
or his buys from yours and either resells as their own?

i seriously doubt you could do it overseas, unless of course there's a
colo deal there also, which i doubt.

--
Colonel Flagg
http://www.internetwarzone.org/

Relevant Pages

  • Is PPPoE account usable (roaming) everywhere?
    ... Just wonder if pppoe account can be used if I travel to other countries ... at which there's also an adsl line connection. ... but he's using another isp that is different from my isp. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: OT: ADSL safe practices and setting up a home network
    ... to go about setting up an ADSL connection at my home. ... Sometimes the ISP supplies an ADSL modem that you are required to use. ... routers come with the "firewall" capabilities built in. ... I have found that allot depends on the ISP and what they believe is good service. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Impact of hardware with bad SNR & Attenuation
    ... any that they are compatable with ADSL.. ... >> monem/router is attempting to negotiate a connection with the ... > What happens after "Showtime"? ... > can in theory talk to other devices on the network such as my ISP, ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: UK Broadband supplier wont give me a statement of account
    ... As has already been pointed out, apart from the ADSL (and 56k ... Other users will not be able to connect, and their connection attempts will fail at your ISP, leading the user to re-attempt the connection repetitively. ... Remember, if your connection was high speed and connected directly to the internet backbone, a request for data from your server would result in one set of data being returned to the user. ...
    (uk.legal)