Re: ip tracing in newsgroups

From: Hairy One Kenobi (abuse_at_[127.0.0.1)
Date: 03/05/04

Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 00:05:38 -0000

"ev0l" <gbush@whitehouse.gov> wrote in message
news:yaN1c.445$BA.356@fed1read03...
> Thanx Colonel and Gladys, that is what i was looking for. I guess most
ISPs
> don't care about their users privacy.

There are reasons.. a lot of people (like myself) both desire and /expect/
privacy. OTOH, there's always that "other person, not me, rabid nutter"
thing; by all means "buy" privacy, but don't expect it to last too long if a
"big elephant" of a corporation or government comes a-knockin'..

Like anything else, if someone /really/ wants to know, then she'll find out
("Tracker" almost certainly excepted ;o)

--
Hairy One Kenobi
in the first place. So there!
> "Colonel Flagg" <colonel_flagg@NOSOUPFORJ00internetwarzone.org> wrote in
> message news:MPG.1ab14fe3b47e9239989d0a@news.charter.net...
> > In article <C0K1c.376$BA.338@fed1read03>, gbush@whitehouse.gov says...
> > > i have noticed that i can see peoples ip addresses when they post. how
> can
> > > people proxy themselves or spoof their ip when posting?
> > use a proxy service such as www.cotse.net

Relevant Pages

  • Re: This proves something for free is not a good thing
    ... >> a clear invasion of privacy, I don't have a clue what ... >> We need to send a clear stong message to google, ... hopefully we (by expressing our opinions) ... seems to me Google can do as they wish. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: To the Experts: Thoughts on TrueCrypt?
    ... This newsgroup is vital to many people for matters more important than a ... "Your opinions are wrong!" ... If you believe Truecrypt is flawed then don't use it, or better, IMPROVE ... might allow them to make the right decisions regarding their privacy. ...
    (alt.privacy)
  • Re: IT ethics in the workplace
    ... In the USA, generally no, they are not private. ... there is no violation of privacy. ... > Thanks for any opinions. ...
    (comp.security.misc)