Re: hijack this

From: *Vanguard* (no-email_at_no-spam.invalid)
Date: 03/04/04

Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 11:35:59 -0600

"David Postill" said in news:ninc40hbr53ho55d63v1md37u3ltfcmicv@4ax.com:
>> At this moment, I cannot reach www.spyware.com. It is either down or
>> maybe getting DOS'ed. It's host at IP address 209.133.47.12 is
>> reachable via traceroute and can be pinged so the host is up and
>> reachable but the web site is down or maybe getting attacked again.
>
> It's working from here.

Sorry, I mentioned a user page at http://www.spywareinfo.com but said I
couldn't reach http://www.spyware.com. The first site is unreachable by
me but can be reached using anonymizer.com. Today samspade.org is also
unreachable so there is some problem with a host along the route that I
get stuck with (route are not dynamic for end users). When I tried
again to connect to http://www.spywareinfo.com but failed, and then
about 10 minutes later it worked (but the traceroute seems to look
different than before so I guess I now get a different route and that
one works).

> I have used agent to read multiple news servers for a long time
> (I cheat by using hamster as a local news server).

The instructions at
http://www.forteinc.com/agent/faq.php#BB639CE8986FEDFC88256C1E005A25BE
still makes it evident that Agent has a problem handling multiple news
servers in forcing the user to manually create subdirectories to
separate the records for each news server along with editing and
maintaining separate copies of agent.ini, one for each news server.
This FAQ item doesn't state that it only applies to prior versions of
Forte. Users shouldn't have to be manually creating subdirectories and
making copies of an INI file to get the client to support multiple
servers.

Are you using Hamster to provide newsgroups to other users, or is there
some advantage in running your own local news server despite all the
hardware resources needed for it?

*** Post replies to newsgroup.  E-mail is not accepted. ***

  • SQLCE
    ... If there is a better news group for this question, ... I couldn't find any reference to SQLCE on my news server. ... I have a mobile app that uses a CDB file for data storage. ... How do I transfer the data for sql store, as a file between the Host and the ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Newsreader that supports multiple identities for posting
    ... organization's ISP, BT, has a news server, so no need to use ... $ host btcentralplus.com ... Why would a troll or spammer fake a header stated that his posts did *not* ... come from an authenticated account? ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: YADS THE TROLL
    ... it also means anyone on my news server or downstream will never see ... any post with that host in its path:) ... Did you also report Yads while you were at it? ... sly dog who'll flood the group with spam and report you to your ISP on ...
    (rec.arts.drwho)
  • Re: Im back! After AOL canceled USENET many years ago....
    ... Appears to be a news server only for SISNA customers and access is ... likely controlled by using IP address based authentication. ... Connection closed by foreign host. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Newsreader statistics
    ... I.e. my NSP's News server is allowed to put something like "hotseflots" ... in the MID "is the full name of the host at which the message entered ... the network", but that's also ambiguous. ... *meant* to be the News server system, not the newsreader system. ...
    (news.software.readers)