Re: handling .wav files with mySQL

From: Ant (not_at_home.today)
Date: 03/04/04

Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 02:18:24 -0000

"Mimic" wrote...
> "David H. Lipman" wrote...

>> If you post to UseNet with your TRUE, not a munged, email address
>> then you have invited the Swen Internet worm [aka; W32/Gibe-F] to
>> visit you.
>>
>> The Swen is news spelled backwards. The reason it is called this
>> is because the Swen worm harvests email addresses from UseNet News
>> Groups. It has an engine that allows it to post itself to UseNet
>> News Groups as well as it has its own email engine. From the list
>> of email addresses that it has harvested, it will then email itself
>> to those addresses.

> tracker ? is that you? it must be,

No, it's David (don't mention the top-post) Lipman. Tracker doesn't
do that.

> becase youre full of shit and dont have a clue what you are
> talking about.

So what's your analysis of Gibe-F then?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Do you picture your fellow posters?
    ... However, by the time I went on-line, Usenet had already been established in the manner that we know it today. ... I do think, however, that since most individuals don't have browsers that contain imbedded news readers, the numbers of people participating in Usenet are declining. ... Apple's browser, Safari, which people say is an excellent browser and which comes with the Apple products, does not have news or mail capabilities, although Apple does include a separate mail program. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Spybot say REGFIX.EXE is a threat - why?
    ... "Network News Transport Protocol, " the name of a protocol that ... The generic name for the Usenet. ... Path: TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl (MS news server;) ... [A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Robert Frenchus intentional ignorance..
    ... In talk.politics.guns Bert Hyman wrote: ... USENET is not "part" of the Internet, ... that provides user news and group e-mail. ... In 1981 at the University of California at Berkeley, grad student ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: newsreading over the Web
    ... I use no HTTP for news reading. ... news versus abuse on news" is a cop out. ... UseNet has been losing readers for many years because of that thinking. ... trolls because the real traffic has been gone for so long. ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: Any Chinese citizens in this group?
    ... it owns USENET and that you must register with Google to access USENET, ... Your government may make it difficult to access USENET without ... Google, but there are many news servers which are free (at least for ... Messages, such as this one, are traditionally called "news," athough they ...
    (alt.usage.english)