Re: Interesting email thread with passworded zip file

From: kulm_nd (kn_at_NOISP.net)
Date: 03/03/04

    Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 05:17:51 GMT

    My ISP has already posted warnings, a virus/trojan for sure.

    g-w
    "Leythos" <void@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > Tonight I was pulling email from the account I list in my sig (it's a
    > disposable account) and got two email's telling me that my email account
    > had been deactivated and that the details where in an attached Zip file.
    > One thing to note, the account still works fine. Both Zip files were
    > different names, but were sent from the same email server.
    >
    > I called RR and they know nothing about it, I warned them and sent the
    > file to security@rr.com so they could be on the lookout for it too.
    >
    > Now, I'm not anywhere stupid enough to open a passworded Zip file, and
    > not stupid enough to fall for this childish crap, but I thought I would
    > post this out there in case anyone else gets something like this:

    > Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 22:42:21 -0600
    > To: spamfree@rrohio.com
    > Subject: E-mail account security warning.
    > From: management@rrohio.com
    >
    > Dear user of Rrohio.com  gateway e-mail server,
    >
    > Your e-mail  account has been temporary disabled because  of
    > unauthorized access.
    >
    > Please, read the attach for further details.
    >
    > Attached file protected with the password  for security  reasons.
    > Password is  01747.
    >
    > Kind  regards,
    >    The Rrohio.com  team
    > http://www.rrohio.com
    >

    > --
    > --
    > spamfree999@rrohio.com
    > (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    • Re: Interesting email thread with passworded zip file
      ... My ISP has already posted warnings, ... > disposable account) and got two email's telling me that my email account ... > Subject: E-mail account security warning. ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • Re: nbc Palin hacker arrested nbc
      ... Wednesday to hacking the e-mail account of Republican vice ... David Kernell, 20, of Knoxville, Tenn. ... The indictment said at least one ...
      (rec.music.artists.springsteen)
    • nbc Palin hacker arrested nbc
      ... Wednesday to hacking the e-mail account of Republican vice ... David Kernell, 20, of Knoxville, Tenn. ... The indictment said at least one ...
      (rec.music.artists.springsteen)
    • Re: how do I set up a default email program to send docs?
      ... Can you tell me how do I do this for an AOL email account? ... and Outlook or the MAPI ... if you have more than one e-mail account ... click Close and follow the instructions in the Microsoft help ...
      (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
    • Re: Outlook 2003 sending via exchange instead of pop3
      ... Becuase Exchange supports the SMTP namespace (as does Internet mail). ... If you have set up multiple e-mail accounts (e-mail account: ... Why is exchange set as the> account to send though, when the original email did no come though Exchange at all? ...