Re: Netsky.b from legit but unconnected business addresses Help?

From: kulm_nd (g-w_at_ComcastREMOVE.net)
Date: 02/27/04

    Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:50:13 GMT

    The return address is often taken randomly from an Address Book on the
    infected computer, you may be getting the e-mail from someone you know (you
    are in their Address Book) who has those companies in their Address Book.
    Have you looked at the headers to get the sender's IP?

    g-w
    "Col" <kioraspam@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all, Im in the UK and i`m getting the netsky.b virus sent to me from UK
    > bussines email addresses that are real and contactable, but I know nobody
    at
    > these companys.
    >
    >  There is a random single line message which is I assume the viruses
    > doing.As the senders address is real how are they getting my address in
    the
    > first place?
    > and how can I stop this?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Col.

    • Re: How Can This Happen???
      ... >email from his ISP that said I had sent him a virus just last ... <SNIP another email, from an infected computer, with forged headers> ... Many of these viruses currently plaguing us have two effects - and the second is ... infected computer stuck your email address into the header of the infected email ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: vírus...
      ... Most of the current viruses find email addresses in the ... being used by an infected computer, ... | How I can be sure that I do not be with a program spyware | or virus?? ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: w32.net$ky.p@mm
      ... Alas, modern mass mailer viruses, since at least two years ago, forge the ... owner of the infected computer that they are infected. ... to "do the right thing" and notify the party owning the infected computer ... but the pattern is RFC 822 compliant for an email ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: How Can This Happen???
      ... > viruses being sent, from infected computers, use forged headers. ... > that was sent to your friend. ... > That infected computer might be one with your address in its address book. ... Check the headers of your post above. ...
      (alt.computer.security)