Re: blocking data miners?

From: miss calm (dufize.aram_at_nospam.cat)
Date: 02/24/04

Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:31:50 -0000

"Chuckles" <Iamawalrus@guessnot.com> wrote in message
news:hLCdnc2_99P5P6bd4p2dnA@telcove.net...
> Robin T Cox wrote:
>
> > "miss calm" <dufize.aram@nospam.cat> wrote in
> >

> >>I know what tracking co. does, and what data miners do. But how do do
> >>they get onto my computer and how do you permanently block them or
> >>remove their roots?
> >>I have AdAware running and it is constantly popping up that it is
> >>finding Tracking Co etc,. "Any ideas?...Ad Aware, SpyBot and Webroot
> >>aren't doing it? and my avg doesent block it?
> >>

> > Windows systems are most commonly infected by means of so-called
'drive-by
> > downloads', which are explained here:
> > http://news.com.com/2100-1023-877568.html?tag=nl
> >
> > To block this kind of tactic, you *must* use a battery of measures, and
not
> > just hope that one or two programs will do the trick. By far and away
the
> > most comprehensive and simple approach is given here:
> > http://www.geocities.com/yosponge/
> >

> Refuse all cookies. This will take care of your problem.

that sounds great Chuckles. But what would be the outcome in terms of my
Internet? Would it affect any programmes or access to sites?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Phone connection
    ... trick. ... Aren't there still some boxes which refuse to recognise some of these ...
    (uk.tech.tv.sky)
  • Re: Periander take notice.
    ... refuse to comply with the NP order; ... But the trick is..to make them aware of the filth and the way others have been roped into it as being culprits, so they can see for themselves how vile the abuse has been..and see that no reason court will not award costs once the name is outted. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Disabling audio on a remote PC
    ... would do the trick. ... things lilke AOL and notifications and refuse to turn it down. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: AKICIF: Sending attachments to MACs
    ... they'll ask you do decrypt them. ... refuse, they'll keep the laptop computer. ... The trick is to make it look like they contain something else. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)