Re: XP vulnerabilities?

From: Frank le Spikkin (zaq_at_invalid.jp)
Date: 02/21/04

Date: 21 Feb 2004 17:33:59 GMT

Gladys Pump <noway.jose@jose.noway.zap> wrote in
news:1u0f305ekhhie0c71ors1bti3vq4qos98g@4ax.com:

> I have a Linksys BEFSR41 router which is great IMO. I noticed
> earlier on that a poster was concerned about making sure no one
> could log into a router remotely.
>
> To (hopefully) remedy this on my router, I've port-forwarded
> port 80 to a non-existant internal address. AFAIK, this is
> effectively 'stealthing' the port. Did I need to do this ?

No, it is configurable for a BEFSR41 router:
Logon to your router
Click Advanced - Filters
Scroll down and click:
            Block Inbound Requests - Enable
            Remote Management - Disable
            Remote Upgrade - Disable
Click Apply

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Traces
    ... Which means it's going to be coming from a host behind that router. ... It doesn't matter if we have 1000 hosts just as long ... replying only to the poster is the ... We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: On Installing Windows
    ... >I just gave the same advice about using a router not 2 hours ... >ago to another poster in another thread. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Ive just bought an A7000+
    ... be that it had a network card (assume the poster has a router), ... than the latest RISC OS. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.hardware)
  • Re: routers
    ... I explained to another poster how that US router worked as far as ... That model router doesn't have a port forwarding feature. ... Your US router most likely will be the same type of setup. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • In which we exercise the UPS yet again
    ... ssh into the filters I run at ork, to back files and update the maillog ... Except that I can't get to the filters. ... Traceroute to the filters stops at a NoNet router. ... The bus stops, I walk into the building, ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)