Re: Clock reset - How?

From: Ron Hunter (rphunter_at_charter.net)
Date: 02/21/04

    Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 04:55:01 -0600

    James Moe wrote:

    > Chris Mitchell wrote:
    >
    >> I've noticed on a couple of occasions now that when using Mozilla 1.6
    >> after a long browsing session the clock on my system has been set back
    >> an hour. Unfortunately I don't know the individual sites that might
    >> be doing this.
    >>
    > Keep better track of what you are doing. Really, that's the best way
    > to find the problem, if indeed it is something that is done by web
    > scripting. Periodically check the clock for sudden changes of time. Or a
    > gradual lag. This type of problem takes, er, time and patience to narrow
    > down.
    > Other posters seem to indicate it is a Windows OS problem: it just
    > gets to busy to bother with updating the clock. Truly bizarre, if true;
    > other OSes have been keeping (more or less) good time since the '50s.

    Actually, computer clocks, until recently, have been notoriously
    inaccurate. I worked with mainframes for almost 40 years and they only
    became accurate when a module was added to check and reset the clock
    using NIST across the internet. Amazing that a multi-million dollar
    mainframe couldn't keep time as well as a $10 wristwatch....