Re: Recommendation withdrawn for Symantec products

From: Detox (detox665_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 02/20/04

    Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 22:18:42 -0500

    "Bill Levinson" <wlevinson@NOSPAM.stentorian.com> wrote in message
    news:ZPaZb.12320$hm4.6973@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
    > I have been a strong advocate of Norton Internet Security but I can no
    > longer recommend this product due to (1) problems updating my virus
    > subscription and (2) problems with technical support.

    I've done the online subscription process several times and have never had
    any problem. Additionally, Norton has never let anything past including my
    experience at $work.

    Views as seen from my corner of the world.

    --
    Regards,
    Detox

    • Re: Recommendation withdrawn for Symantec products
      ... > I have been a strong advocate of Norton Internet Security but I can no ... > longer recommend this product due to problems updating my virus ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • W95.Henky.Gen
      ... NTFS with several users set up. ... this virus attacks .EXE ... nearly fragmentation free to seriously fragmented. ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: Turning off virus protection in Security entre
      ... I understand from your first reply that Security Centre indicates Virus ... Protection ON, ... I use Norton Internet Security 2004 with Norton Antivirus 2004. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: System32 file as virus
      ... | I am using Norton Internet Security and it found a virus which is a System32 ... This virus started coming on my machine last night ... The TDL3 does attack varying drivers. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • What is going on here?
      ... Test ScanMail has detected a virus! ... Norton Internet Security automatically removes a 'threat' on receipt ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)