Re: TROJAN UNDETECTED BY AD-AWARE

From: Gary (glabowitz_at_comcast.net)
Date: 02/18/04

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:18:28 -0500

news:zLHYb.33324$M8.5819@nwrdny02.gnilink.net...
> In addition...
> If you post to UseNet with your TRUE, not a munged, email address then you
are inviting the
> Swen worm to visit you.
>
> The Swen is news spelled backwards. The reason it is called this is
because the Swen worm
> harvests email addresses from UseNet News Groups. It has an engine that
allows it to post
> itself to UseNet News Groups as well as it has its own email engine. From
the list of
> email addresses that it has harvested, it will then email itself to those
addresses.

I have a puzzle. I have neer munged by e-mail address, and I have never
gotten a virus or other malware (except one I dumbly "invited" in by opening
a file I asked my brother to send to me to check out). Does my firewall and
active AVG protect me that well? Or am I "lucky" some way? I'm glad, but I
wonder why I have never had any uninvited trouble. (It sounds like I'm
complaining for being left alone. I'll probably get it in spades now.)

--
Gary