Virus Checker Blocked a Script, But...

From: george (NOSPAM_at_btinternet.com)
Date: 02/16/04

Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:19:12 +0000 (UTC)

Hi All
My Norton blocked a script from a web site yesterday and after disconnecting
from my default dial-up connection today, I am no longer able to click on
IE6 and dial-up, it always says no connection available. On my PC I have 3
dial up connections set up with "dial when no connection present" selected.
In the past, when I clicked on IE6 it used to bring me the connection box
with my default dial up selected and then I would always
click connect with no problems. I tried to re-set my default as follows: IE6
tools, internet options, connections, set as default, click apply and ok
buttons - after that, it automatically unselects the default connection and
I am left with the same problem. I always have latest Norton updates and
full system scan with Norton, Adaware and Spybot has not revealed any
threats. Any ideas?
Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: MS ActiveSync 4.2 problem
    ... When I open the network connections, I can see the device connected as ... Until you get the connection fixed, nothing can happen to your contacts ... Did you *uninstall* Norton completely? ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: Internet Access trapped by Norton etal
    ... I know what your saying about the Norton dialog. ... At least some security software can be configured to allow specific ... If they do not configure their firewalls correctly, ... software firewalls must be configured to allow a specific connection to a specific site, ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Testing Remote Desktop Connection
    ... The only thing I can suggest is Norton may be killing the connection. ... >> result then there is a firewall issue on the Remote Desktop host. ...
  • Re: XP Home cant browse, net but PING and TRACERT work Fine
    ... >connection, changeing the settings accordingly each time. ... >Firewalls are disabled (Both Norton and XP). ... On a working computer download Stinger from ... computer, burn it to a CD, and install it on the problem machine. ...
  • Re: MS ActiveSync 4.2 problem
    ... Until you get the connection fixed, nothing can happen to your contacts ... Did you *uninstall* Norton completely? ... Checked all services, still doesnt work ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)