Re: Opera Browser

From: Geoff Lane (gl1public_at_btinternet.com)
Date: 02/11/04

Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:29:33 +0000

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:36:49 GMT, "Clive" <someone@NOTHANKS.com>
wrote:

>For all the hype about online banking having security holes. I think they
>take security very serious. Every bank that provides online banking has
>Internet Explorer as a 'recognised' browser for internet banking.
>
>Going by this, banks would seem to consider IE's security to be 'OK'

Cynical old me thinks their staff often think IE is the only browser
in the world.

Geoff Lane

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [SLE] Online banking and linux browsers
    ... >>I have online banking and I'm only able to access services with a Windows ... How can I use Konqueror or Opera or lynx or any linux browser to ... With the new bank the same problem. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Online banking and linux browsers
    ... >>I have online banking and I'm only able to access services with a Windows ... How can I use Konqueror or Opera or lynx or any linux browser to ... While a European bank I hold an account ... > will currently support IE on Windows only. ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: 500 Internal Service Error
    ... I said in the other reply post that I have problems with my bank and credit card pages. ... You cannot access Online Account Services with your current Web browser. ... We suggest Netscape version 4.08 or higher or Internet Explorer version 5.5 or higher. ...
  • Re: Opera Browser
    ... Every bank that provides online banking has ... >Internet Explorer as a 'recognised' browser for internet banking. ... My bank has no problem with Mozilla or Netscape. ... "They" simply accommodate the most common browser visiting their site. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Opera Browser
    ... Every bank that provides online banking has ... >Internet Explorer as a 'recognised' browser for internet banking. ... My bank has no problem with Mozilla or Netscape. ... "They" simply accommodate the most common browser visiting their site. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)