Re: Opera Browser

From: Leythos (void_at_nowhere.com)
Date: 02/10/04

Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:05:40 GMT

In article <5x9Wb.1248$MW3.11951326@news-text.cableinet.net>,
someone@NOTHANKS.com says...
> For all the hype about online banking having security holes. I think they
> take security very serious. Every bank that provides online banking has
> Internet Explorer as a 'recognised' browser for internet banking.
>
> Going by this, banks would seem to consider IE's security to be 'OK'

Actually, the client side has nothing to do with Security of the Banking
site. The servers and their programming are secure, it's the end-users
computer and browser that may be in questions.

MS made it so damn easy to provide sites with custom and rich
functionality for people using IE. Not only that, but the other browsers
have (and had) to many quirks that required custom programming in order
to make the site work with them - I remember having to code for 4
different browsers in order to get tables to work correctly :)

spamfree999@rrohio.com
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [SLE] Online banking and linux browsers
    ... >>I have online banking and I'm only able to access services with a Windows ... How can I use Konqueror or Opera or lynx or any linux browser to ... With the new bank the same problem. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Online banking and linux browsers
    ... >>I have online banking and I'm only able to access services with a Windows ... How can I use Konqueror or Opera or lynx or any linux browser to ... While a European bank I hold an account ... > will currently support IE on Windows only. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Ask EU: People with disablities and the World-Wide Web
    ... I like the internet banking service offered by my bank ... When I use the navigation buttons in my browser, ... The screen tells me I have been logged out for security ... By disabling the browser buttons and ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: HSBC yet again.
    ... you need an up to date browser for maximum security" ... as most bank sites use exactly the same 128-bit ... CSS file isn't fetched, since a user browser will fetch the CSS file but the ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.misc)
  • Re: Opera Browser
    ... > For all the hype about online banking having security holes. ... Every bank that provides online banking has ... > Internet Explorer as a 'recognised' browser for internet banking. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)