Re: Opera Browser

From: Clive (someone_at_NOTHANKS.com)
Date: 02/10/04

Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:36:49 GMT

<null@zilch.com> wrote in message
news:ee2i20dka2l73uhtpoebmfra21k185vrdr@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:03:42 -0000, Conor <conor_turton@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <1103_1076372940@Loud_Belch>, wanker@myrealbox.com says...
> >
> >> Before you totally abandon IE, you should know that there are
> >> quite a few web sites out there that will only run properly on
> >> IE.
> >
> >Seconded. My online banking being one of them. Opera is good but you
> >still need IE for all those idiot sites.
>
> Wrong. _You_ need it. Others don't need idiot sites.
>

> Art
> http://www.epix.net/~artnpeg

For all the hype about online banking having security holes. I think they
take security very serious. Every bank that provides online banking has
Internet Explorer as a 'recognised' browser for internet banking.

Going by this, banks would seem to consider IE's security to be 'OK'

Clive

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Opera Browser
    ... > take security very serious. ... Every bank that provides online banking has ... > Internet Explorer as a 'recognised' browser for internet banking. ... ...It'll now be even more years until I trust online banking. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Opera Browser
    ... > take security very serious. ... Every bank that provides online banking has ... > Internet Explorer as a 'recognised' browser for internet banking. ... ...It'll now be even more years until I trust online banking. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Opera Browser
    ... Every bank that provides online banking has ... >Internet Explorer as a 'recognised' browser for internet banking. ... Cynical old me thinks their staff often think IE is the only browser ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Opera Browser
    ... Every bank that provides online banking has ... >Internet Explorer as a 'recognised' browser for internet banking. ... Cynical old me thinks their staff often think IE is the only browser ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • unable to access security sites
    ... cannot get on my online banking to enroll. ... into any security site. ... cannot find server or dns error, adjust browser settings ... or internet explorer is unable to link to web page. ...