Re: What does this error mean? Does somebody intrude then force me to restart my PC?

From: johns (johnsxxx_at_mudhole.comxx)
Date: 02/06/04

Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 19:20:29 -0800

I've got way too many years with NT ( I assume 4.0 )
.... You can get that error from a corroded spot on
a power supply connector. I'm not kidding either. I
discovered that after a year of fighting with that piece
of crap OS .. and started cleaning PS connectors.
Actually made NT 4.0 stable for almost a month. Another
little "getcha" that will do that is the screen saver. Same
damn thing .. lock up the screen, and tell you to reboot.
Even more fun is many times when this happens, your
zip drive will take a vacation never to be seen again
without a complete reinstall. The Microsoft guys will
tell you in a heartbeat to delete the IOMEGA polling.
That one is another genuine piss-off, and it also can
lock up everything ... same error ... although I've seen
that one send 1000 print jobs to your LJ II. Tell your
system admin that he is a total jerk for sticking you
with that garbage OS, and it has been retired for a coons
age for that very reason. Upgrade.

johns

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What does this error mean? Does somebody intrude then force me to restart my PC?
    ... You can get that error from a corroded spot on ... a power supply connector. ... little "getcha" that will do that is the screen saver. ... lock up the screen, ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: rebooting on own?
    ... I had thought it was a screen saver thing as it does look up frequently ... seem to be the culprit as it will lock up when in use as well. ... I have had power supplies act up before, ... Would hate to reload or repair just ot have the behavior continue. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: rebooting on own?
    ... I had thought it was a screen saver thing as it does look up frequently ... seem to be the culprit as it will lock up when in use as well. ... I have had power supplies act up before, ... Would hate to reload or repair just ot have the behavior continue. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: A screen saver that only locks the computer, without doing anything with the display?
    ... You could add a Scheduled Task to lock the computer. ... The screen saver can be password protected. ... If Fast User Switching is turned on, Select the On resume, display Welcome ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • ZoneAlarm-Locked While Screen Saver Is Activated !!
    ... - Screen Saver is activated, ... Lock when screensaver activates. ... To Allow Pass-Lock Programs To Access The Internet. ... - I Mean What kind of settings I shall Do To Keep MY DSL: Local Area Connection, ...