Re: Spyware/adware and Internet Explorer

From: Bert Gold (Bert_member_at_newsguy.com)
Date: 02/04/04

Date: 3 Feb 2004 15:08:45 -0800

I pulled the network plug before going home.

I then did a final sweep of the machine with both anti-virus
and anti-Spyware.

The machine came up clean.

If I get no pop ups by tomorrow morning when
I return then I will
conclude that someone or some bot is
reaching in and meddling
with my static ip address.

That would be pretty significant, as I am firewalled out,
myself, VPN access only, and certainly am on an NT subnet.

Oh, I use two machines: One is a PowerBook G4 that I personally
own, and I do about half my work on, and the other is owned
by my employer, and is a Compaq Evo Workstation. It is the
latter machine that is under attack.

I am also quite backed up on H45 Quick Drives and
IOMega 120 Gb Hard Drive backups. So, I am not very fearful
of losing my data.

I am just flabbergast that Windows security could be this bad!

And, from reading the net and this group, I conclude that I am
not the only one having these problems.

Bert Gold

P.S. Shouldn't the evil empire allow a de-install and re-install
of Internet Explorer, if only for security reasons?

In article <q57020t1lm8qeqonf8jrbrrmjtgu31b9f7@4ax.com>, ed_lupine@yahoo.com
says...