Re: Help, im connected to sombodys computer...

From: Ben Measures (saint_abroadremove_at_removehotmail.com)
Date: 02/03/04

Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 21:55:19 +0000

Lars-Christian RÝsberg wrote:
> (I've changed the names in the text for naturaly reasons...)
>
> There has been added a new network connection under in My Network Places
> (Windows XP pro.), in the Web client network, the connection is www
> .apersonsusername.companyname .no
>
> And with this connectin I can freely brows this persons private files on his
> disk.
> I also have the posibility to look under: www .companyname .no and browse
> through all the usernames ( but only one of them, as described over are
> fully 'open')
>
> Its an large organization, with many user accounts...
>
> I've never tried to hack sombodys computer, and I'm running ZoneAlarm and
> Norton AV (always updated), so...
>
> ...whats happening??
>
> I realy want to know before I'm calling the network administrator in this
> company...
>
> Thanks
> L-CH

OMG! You're a HACKER! Jail-time if anybody finds out. You'd better
delete your post before "they" find it.

Seriously though, all you've done is discover an open system, you didn't
break anything. I'm sure the administrator would like to be warned of
this (that is if he/she is anywhere to be seen).

--
Ben M.
----------------

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cheap PC firewalls
    ... If you want a proper standalone firewall protecting your network then ... What are Software Patents for? ... To protect the small enterprise from bigger companies. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • RE: Problems with Permissions
    ... And SBS server is only take ... the role of an internal server. ... they are all configured to connected to internal network. ... g. Run the Configure Email and Internet Connection Wizard on SBS server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Outgoing POP3 email missing/lost/not received
    ... Funny thing is that I have had this ISP for 8 years and it has always been ... It looks like when you last ran CEICW, you set the ISP's mail server to: ... Internet Connection Wizard. ... After the wizard completes, the following network connection ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: server disconnection - very often
    ... Often get the redirected folders working offline prompt on some client ... VMware virtual network interface cause network issue. ... On the Connection Type page, click Broadband, and then click Next. ... |> re-initialize the offline files cache and database on client computers: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: OT By a mile in parts comments on Viet Nam
    ... check bank accouts etc etc whilst away but is safe to do so over wireless and using the hotel network.. ... you should regard your connection as insecure and use some ... form of encryption to protect your passwords and privacy. ... My recommendation would be to set up a VPN endpoint in the UK that you ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)