Help, im connected to sombodys computer...

From: Lars-Christian RÝsberg (roslar_at_frisurf.no)
Date: 02/02/04

Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 09:26:17 +0100

(I've changed the names in the text for naturaly reasons...)

There has been added a new network connection under in My Network Places
(Windows XP pro.), in the Web client network, the connection is www
.apersonsusername.companyname .no

And with this connectin I can freely brows this persons private files on his
disk.
I also have the posibility to look under: www .companyname .no and browse
through all the usernames ( but only one of them, as described over are
fully 'open')

Its an large organization, with many user accounts...

I've never tried to hack sombodys computer, and I'm running ZoneAlarm and
Norton AV (always updated), so...

...whats happening??

I realy want to know before I'm calling the network administrator in this
company...

Thanks
L-CH

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Networking XP Home and XP Pro
    ... The XP Pro ... >other in the workgroup and I can't connect via the remote desktop connection ... If the computers run the original or SP1 versions of Windows XP, ... network connections -- it's for use only on a direct modem connection ...
  • RE: Problems with Permissions
    ... And SBS server is only take ... the role of an internal server. ... they are all configured to connected to internal network. ... g. Run the Configure Email and Internet Connection Wizard on SBS server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Outgoing POP3 email missing/lost/not received
    ... Funny thing is that I have had this ISP for 8 years and it has always been ... It looks like when you last ran CEICW, you set the ISP's mail server to: ... Internet Connection Wizard. ... After the wizard completes, the following network connection ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • MSN Messenger blocking for network clients
    ... One network I maintain involves about 30 XP Pro clients connecting to the ... Internet via an ADSL connection. ... by another XP Pro machine set up with ICS and ICF. ...
  • MSN Messenger blocking for all network clients
    ... One network I maintain involves about 30 XP Pro clients connecting to the ... Internet via an ADSL connection. ... by another XP Pro machine set up with ICS and ICF. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)