Re: Viruses and hackers make Windows more secure - Gates

From: Ben Measures (saint_abroadremove_at_removehotmail.com)
Date: 01/31/04

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 03:46:51 +0000

Hairy One Kenobi wrote:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/default.mspx
>
> (Retail availability ceased 19 months ago)
>
> Minor correction about the Unix thing being in the sixties: system date
> starts 1-JAN-1970.. The C-based version was released in the early/mid
> seventies, IIRC.
>
> H1K

Lol, you got me twice there. I had over-extended some knowledge:

Windows 98 SE still available to system builders, NOT retail;
Unix developed in summer 1969, NOT released until 11/03/1971.

Well done for spotting those deliberate mistakes ;)

--
Ben M.
----------------

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Protection/Time Limiting my software
    ... If you are to implement a copy-protection scheme, ... What are Software Patents for? ... To protect the small enterprise from bigger companies. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Cheap PC firewalls
    ... If you want a proper standalone firewall protecting your network then ... What are Software Patents for? ... To protect the small enterprise from bigger companies. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Viruses and hackers make Windows more secure - Gates
    ... Microsoft changed Media Player's EULA with an inconspicuous "Security ... What are Software Patents for? ... To protect the small enterprise from bigger companies. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: probes to port 80
    ... OrgAbuseHandle: NAPO-ARIN ... What are Software Patents for? ... To protect the small enterprise from bigger companies. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Protection/Time Limiting my software
    ... >>I avoid having to send the whole fully functional program. ... What are Software Patents for? ... To protect the small enterprise from bigger companies. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)