Re: Think your Wireless Network is Secure? Think Again.

From: Roaming Penguin (roaming_penguin_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: 01/30/04

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:55:09 -0500

Perhaps WEP is capable of being broken in minutes;
Individuals should educated themselves when buying a wireless router,
and fully learn all the capabilities of such a device before using it.

Now with 256bit encryption; HEX
MAC Filters properly enabled;
LAN Ping Discarded, and ALL un-used modes disabled (Gaming, VPN)

Chances of someone braking in your wireless network is greatly
reduced. I am still waiting to see the day when someone cracks mine.