Re: Viruses and hackers make Windows more secure - Gates

From: Ben Measures (saint_abroadremove_at_removehotmail.com)
Date: 01/30/04

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 04:49:51 +0000

Leythos wrote:
> BTW, XP is not spyware like some people think, and MS does not control
> what you can do/run on it.

I don't suppose you saw this story, and others like it?
http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2003Feb/gee20030226018826.htm

Now whilst I'm not saying that XP is spyware, per se, I don't think you
should be all trusting. Especially if you don't read their (overtly
verbose) EULAs.

--
Ben M.
----------------

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Protection/Time Limiting my software
    ... If you are to implement a copy-protection scheme, ... What are Software Patents for? ... To protect the small enterprise from bigger companies. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Cheap PC firewalls
    ... If you want a proper standalone firewall protecting your network then ... What are Software Patents for? ... To protect the small enterprise from bigger companies. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Viruses and hackers make Windows more secure - Gates
    ... Microsoft changed Media Player's EULA with an inconspicuous "Security ... What are Software Patents for? ... To protect the small enterprise from bigger companies. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: probes to port 80
    ... OrgAbuseHandle: NAPO-ARIN ... What are Software Patents for? ... To protect the small enterprise from bigger companies. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Protection/Time Limiting my software
    ... >>I avoid having to send the whole fully functional program. ... What are Software Patents for? ... To protect the small enterprise from bigger companies. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)