Re: DNS server question...

From: Rowdy Yates (rowdy.yates_at_no-spam.lycos.com)
Date: 01/28/04

Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 03:42:18 GMT

DNS just translates ip --> hostname and vice verse. does not do anything
else. what can happen is dsn poisoning.

for example. your web site is www.green.com and your ip is 123.123.123.123
someone can copy your entire web site on another server, give it ip
321.321.321.321 and put a fake entry in the DSN to send people going to
www.green.com from your server the the fake server. then any password, user
name e.t.c.. people type will be captured by the malicious party on their
servers.

--
Rowdy Yates
I am Against-TCPA

Relevant Pages

  • Re: AD management snap in cannot find DC (netdiag /v workstation)
    ... The name.local entries are used by my apache server to implement ... change button, more button, the "Primary DNS suffix of this ... Attr: subschemaSubentry ... Owner of the binding path: ...
  • Issues migrating SBS 2003 domain to Server 2008 Standard
    ... We are stuck migrating our SBS 2003 domain to Server 2008. ... Fatal Error:DsGetDcName (SRV-EXCH) call failed, ... Verify your Domain Name Sysytem (DNS) is ... network connectivity to a domain controller. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: AD management snap in cannot find DC (netdiag /v workstation)
    ... button, more button, the "Primary DNS suffix of this computer", it should ... The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server ... Attr: subschemaSubentry ... Owner of the binding path: ...
  • Re: AD management snap in cannot find DC (netdiag /v workstation)
    ... DNS Host Name: tonyb-pc.imageproc.imageproc.com ... Testing IpConfig - pinging the DHCP Server... ... Attr: subschemaSubentry ... Owner of the binding path: ...
  • Re: Issues migrating SBS 2003 domain to Server 2008 Standard
    ... Since you have migrated to standard server 2008 you would be better served posting in a Standard server NG. ... Event String: ... Verify your Domain Name Sysytem (DNS) is ... network connectivity to a domain controller. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)