Re: Sygate

From: Ben Measures (saint_abroadremove_at_removehotmail.com)
Date: 01/26/04

    Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 04:41:32 +0000

    Richard Steinfeld wrote:
    > "donutbandit" <none@none.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Richard Steinfeld" <rgsteinBUTREMOVETHIS@sonic.net> wrote
    >
    > in

    >>>What's an "IP?"
    >>>I'm not using networking and I haven't experienced this
    >>>delay, I think.
    >>
    >>*sigh*
    >>
    >>You're advocating one firewall over another in here and
    >
    > you don't even know
    >
    >>what an IP is.
    >>

    > *sigh*
    > Dear donut,
    > I asked for an explanation, not a put-down.
    > I am well-versed in software usability and have worked in
    > that capacity.
    > Sygate's usability is very well crafted. If I advocated
    > anything, that's where they hit the bullseye. Can you do as
    > well?
    >
    > You have demonstrated your superiority, thank you.
    > Unfortunately, in proving your status, you did not answer
    > the question. One may be able to evaluate performace through
    > experience without being in on all the lingo, especially the
    > jargon. For example, I probably know the functions of which
    > you speak and which I ask, perhaps under other names,
    > perhaps their proper designations. Usability expertise is
    > something that most programmers are sorely lacking.

    > Perhaps, sir donut, you might benefit from spending some
    > time in charm school.
    >
    > Richard

    Hear, hear.

    Just because Richard might not know what an IP address is doesn't mean
    he can't ask "can anyone aside from me give their experiences with
    the free version of Sygate Firewall?" and give his opinion on how he has
    found it so far.

    --
    Ben M.

    • Re: Remote Desktop Not Working
      ... "Richard K" wrote in message ... contact the owner of the remote computer or your network administrator. ... Windows firewall, do you have an exception for Remote Desktop? ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Richard wonders if anyone has suggestions
      ... Below is the string between Richard Harper and myself over the last few ... >> other than the Windows XP firewall on either PC? ... >> * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups ... >>> The computers get their IP addresses automatically through a router. ...
    • Re: Windows components keep trying to connect for DNS?