Re: MailWasher problems.

From: Chris Mitchell (
Date: 01/26/04

Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 04:14:26 +0000 (UTC)

Solbu wrote:
> On lÝrdag 24. januar 2004, 07:07 Chris Mitchell tried to express an opinion:
>>Is there any way I can stop MW automatically marking SPAM for Bouncing?
> That depends on how you identify the emails as spam.
> If they are identified by one of your filters,
> the filters can individually be set to NOT bounce, but stil delete.
> If the SPAM is identified usin blacklist servers,
> you must Disable bouncing all together!
> I've stoped bouncing myself, because of the same problems.
>> As far as I?m concerned this effectively confirms the email address,
>>since the time difference between when the message was sent and when my
>>bounce was received would be significantly different to the time
>>difference if messages had been bounced by my ISPs servers. Or am I
>>talking rubbish?
> Bouncing using mailwasher is no diferent that the mailservers bouncing
> when the account does not exist.
> You can not se if a mail is bounced by mailwasher or a genuine mailserver.
> But not bouncing may also confirm the validity of a mailadress.
> (eg: If it is not returned, it must exist)
> - --
> Solbu -
> Remove 'ugyldig' for email
> PGP key ID: 0xFA687324
> Version: GnuPG v1.2.2 (GNU/Linux)
> iD8DBQFAEmiVT1rWTfpocyQRAtAbAKD0F8D7oBfg2xBDvEfeVxC0JTA8iACfT3f3
> jKvq5Djp4T+mvfvzGP4HIpY=
> =YbZ3
OK. So how do I stop bouncing all together?

I've tried Toolo/Options/General and Heuristic strength to None, and
checked that Bounce is not enabled via the BlackList, but messages are
still marked for Bouncing.

Is there something else I should do?

Please remove MAPSON (NOSPAM backwards) to reply to me by email.