Re: Threat of running a web server?

From: FromTheRafters (!0000_at_nomad.fake)
Date: 01/24/04

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 16:00:16 -0500

"Dazz" <cashdj@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:959410lcejgmauip66meq4pg5anupdm613@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 20:12:41 -0500, "FromTheRafters"
> <!0000@nomad.fake> wrote:
>
> >So, are you in agreement with Colonel Flagg that a daemon is
> >the same as a server as per his "...if you're running a "service",
> >a "server" or a "daemon", you're providing "something" to be
> >given out to someone."?
>
> No, not exactly.

That's good. :O)

> See below.
>
> >To my way of thinking that is only one use of a daemon, not
> >a definition of what a daemon is. Do you (or he) think that the
> >Kernel Swap Daemon is a server?
>
> I agree with you. A term "daemon" can be used for many things.

Good, I was kind of surprised at his comment as he doesn't usually
seem to be *that* far off the mark.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Threat of running a web server?
    ... are you in agreement with Colonel Flagg that a daemon is ... seem to be *that* far off the mark. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Khorne Army 2500 points
    ... Stad Khorne 2.5kb2500 Pts - CSM: ... Daemon Prince @ 191 Pts ... Mark of Khorne ...
    (rec.games.miniatures.warhammer)
  • Re: A global has among threads
    ... M> Is there a way I can uses a global hash within Perl with threads? ... Hi, Mark: ... One thing to keep in mind is that, unless your daemon respects the ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Clock does not advance
    ... > daemon. ... I thought it is only for writing in the log files? ... but it does also write a "mark" when the machine is doing ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Clock does not advance
    ... > daemon. ... I thought it is only for writing in the log files? ... but it does also write a "mark" when the machine is doing ...
    (alt.os.linux)