Re: computer crashed

From: Snowsquall (Snowsquall157_at_wightman.ca)
Date: 01/20/04

Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:11:45 GMT

Sorry for the panic. It was simply a freeze/lockup. Its just that the
on-off power switch would not shut it down and when I finally did get it
shut down I get this message. No beeps nothing else. Just the message that
the video should be checked. Left computer overnight and to my
amazement/embarrassment it was fully loaded ready to go. Turned out I think
I had too many things on the go and the computer got confused big time. It
is fine now --so far...
As for IRC I downloaded a newer more secure version so lessen the virus/
trojan paranoia..
Thanks for the feedback any how.
"Colonel Flagg" <colonel_flagg@NOSOUPFORJ00internetwarzone.org> wrote in
message news:MPG.1a7631e4456f245f989c98@news.charter.net...
> In article <100ob1q4l438b88@corp.supernews.com>, nwart@easystreet.com
> says...
>
> > I had the exact same thing happen with a gateway, so I replaced the CPU
> > thinking (hoping) that would solve my problem but it didn't, so I took
my
> > motherboard in for troubleshooting and found out that the via chipset
had
> > received a surge. Sorry but it sounds like you may (hopefully not) have
the
> > same problem.
> >

> "via" being the operative word there.... "via" sucks. every via machine
> i've owned has been the epitome of crap. it's one bios update after
> another, bad APM, blah blah blah. one box wouldn't work with win2k after
> _everything_ was updated, wouldn't work with linux either, but would
> work fine with freebsd. floppy trouble, ide trouble, video card trouble,
> the list goes on and on. I wouldn't purchase another via laden board if
> it was offered at half price and someone threw in a processor.
>

> --
> Colonel Flagg
> http://www.internetwarzone.org/
>
> Privacy at a click:
> http://www.cotse.net
>
> Q: How many Bill Gates does it take to change a lightbulb?
> A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."
>
> "...I see stupid people."

Relevant Pages

  • Re: computer crashed
    ... Left computer overnight and to my ... > another, bad APM, blah blah blah. ... floppy trouble, ide trouble, video card trouble, ... > Colonel Flagg ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: computer crashed
    ... Left computer overnight and to my ... >> another, bad APM, blah blah blah. ... floppy trouble, ide trouble, video card trouble, ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: computer crashed
    ... Left computer overnight and to my ... >> another, bad APM, blah blah blah. ... floppy trouble, ide trouble, video card trouble, ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: city makes it a law --- online bullying gets you in jail
    ... passed a law making it a crime to be the school bully while online. ... You should be aware that YOU can get into a lot of trouble just for posting ... "Well I just know for a fact that it was that person because blah blah ... So you're still maintaining that the neighborhood mother who provoked ...
    (misc.legal)