Re: Firewall message

From: Colonel Flagg (colonel_flagg_at_NOSOUPFORJ00internetwarzone.org)
Date: 01/13/04

Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:41:12 -0500

In article <bu1gm4$clgc7$1@ID-216378.news.uni-berlin.de>,
akaraic@verat.net says...
> " Generic Host Process for Win32 Services (svchost.exe)is being
> contacted from a remote machine (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) using local port 135
> (EPMAP - Location service - Dynamically assign ports for RPC). Do you
> want to allow this program to access the network? "
>
> This is the message that I got from Sygate PF 5.5 a few minutes ago. I
> said no.
>
> Do I have any reason to be concerned?
>
> Best Regards

It's doing it's job.

--
Colonel Flagg
http://www.internetwarzone.org/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How safe for firewall rule using 127.0.0.0/8
    ... we have written policy in place - the results of violating it are ... > many business sites are so stupid as pull stunts. ... > network, the packet has a source address from this network, or alarms go ... > privileges, it doesn't make a bit of difference what you do. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: How safe for firewall rule using 127.0.0.0/8
    ... above - and tell you to use a packet sniffer (any - even something like ... many business sites are so stupid as pull stunts. ... Our users do not have root privileges. ... network, the packet has a source address from this network, or alarms go ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: homophobia infested hillbilly fired over gay bashing
    ... heaven, hell. ... The most watched cable show ever and A&E is stupid ... A&E network. ... Duck Dynasty goes on strike until this nonsense is ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: homophobia infested hillbilly fired over gay bashing
    ... ?We never, ever judge someone on who?s going to heaven, ... hell. ... The most watched cable show ever and A&E is stupid enough ... said somewhere that had no connection to the A&E network. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: networking
    ... I followed you steps and made the change in Sygate and it appears ... >>The notebook appears in the list of workgroup computers on my desktop, ... > allow access on the local area network. ... > Please post any reply as a follow-up message in the news group ...