Re: Trojan Horse is More Damaging then a Virus

From: Mimic (null_at_void.net)
Date: 01/11/04

Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:00:09 -0000

"Hairy One Kenobi" <abuse@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
news:IygMb.1087$JL4.7792@newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net...
> "Duane Arnold" <notme@notme.com> wrote in message
> > Tracker <"snailmail(valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
> > And that's your problem here Tracker is that you don't listen and you're
> > too arrogant to make the adjustments. I guess having that *book*, if it
> > exist, has slowed you down a bit with the global posts. I guess you'll
> > continue making posts and getting *hammered*.
>
> Good point. What if we "ganged up" and reviewed it?
>
> Tracker - you have the website (if you're feeling a bit "off" in your
> cracking abilities, then just look at the domain and add http://www at the
> front)
>
> I'd be happy to give a full and utterly honest review. You would have
input
> on the process (but not the overall verdict).
>
> Honest offer. If you disagree, then you'll get point-by-point "equal
space"
> on the 'site. No catches.
>
> Downside is that (in British parlance) you get to put-up-or-shut-up.
>
> If you feel that I'm too partisan (I'd be hurt if you did!), then Rob
Slade
> seems to review a lot of books.
>
> Never met the chap (or even replied to one of his posts), but his reviews
> are..erm.. /succinct/ enough to indicate much more than a token knowledge
of
> the subject. And also enough to make then worth reading (sorry, Rob, not
> quite a "fan" - but I'd /hate/ for you to stop contributing!)
>
> Either way - do or don't. If you *do* submit to a review, then live with
the
> consequences; if you can't, then accept the likely position that you are
> either an inept arguer, or simply wrong. Neither is something to boast
> about, IMHO.
>
> P.S. Duane - sorry, despite the headers & attributations, I sincerely hope
> that you realise that "our" problem is not with yourself, but with someone
> else.
>
> --
>
> Hairy One Kenobi
>
> Disclaimer: the opinions expressed in this opinion do not necessarily
> reflect the opinions of the highly-opinionated person expressing the
opinion
> in the first place. So there!

Unfortuanetly thats already been done. She posted (3?) chapters, had
indepenant verdicts. Then
just made comments against each one saying that they have had the experience
of innocent
victims computers. It all went through usenet, I can find it if you want,
i'm just too lazy to right now
It was through alt.2600 iirc

--
Mimic
and those that dont."

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Trojan Horse is More Damaging then a Virus
    ... > I'd be happy to give a full and utterly honest review. ... > If you feel that I'm too partisan, then Rob ... the opinions expressed in this opinion do not necessarily ... "Without knowledge you have fear. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: C: The Complete Meta-Nonsense
    ... ....or understanding them at greater depth, ... The opinions of a qualified expert in the field are sufficient to qualify ... or in a review in a computer journal. ... You pussies pick your fights carefully and still lose. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Brian Kernighan, maybe Im not worthy, maybe Im scum
    ... I've seen a fair amount of Rob Pike's code, and it looks pretty good to me. ... opinions, I respect those opinions enough to treat them seriously, because ... strings" - to C, they're just strings, and if the implementation wants ... interface appears in C Sharp as consisting of sbyte arrays. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Letter to Editor of The Guardian, U.K.
    ... For Fear of the Jews, you have disgraced yourself and the British people by your grovelling before ... Wars and depressions are brought about on purpose, by rich and powerful people, for the sole purpose ... to form their own opinions - AND to disseminate those findings, ... TRUTH will welcome investigation. ...
    (soc.culture.jewish)
  • Re: Letter to Editor of The Guardian, U.K.
    ... For Fear of the Jews, you have disgraced yourself and the British people ... Wars and depressions are brought about on purpose, ... to form their own opinions - AND to disseminate those findings, ... TRUTH will welcome investigation. ...
    (soc.culture.jewish)