Re: modem as firewall?

From: Hairy One Kenobi (abuse_at_[
Date: 01/11/04

Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:48:25 -0000

"RB" <> wrote in message
> I know that some switch/routers act as a firewall, to some extent. Do
> DSL hi-speed modems also do this?

Nope. Although you do get combined modem/routers (which might be the source
of the confusion)

Hairy One Kenobi
in the first place. So there!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Opinions wanted...
    ... I'll toss my opinions on the plate for what they are worth. ... It's a true security geek's firewall, ... with them, I wonder about the cost/benefit ratio, as I've found Cisco ...
  • Re: Report a hacker
    ... look into the firewall you spoke of... ... It does not reflect the opinions ... >> to determine who the ISP is that owns the IP ... >> hardware to your system]. ...
  • Re: Is a Firewall Necessary?
    ... Right now we have used Baseline Security ... Port filtering and a few other recommendations from MS to help ... Now we have to decide on whether or not we need a firewall. ... the opinions expressed in this opinion do not necessarily ...
  • Re: ZoneAlarm Pro vs Outpost Pro?
    ... This is not the reason, ... > First there is a difference between opinions and facts. ... I see no reason why the Windows firewall shouldn't be called a real ... Most of us here are aware of how personal firewall outbound control can be ...
  • Re: Image-based security codes
    ... > removal, ad blockers, etc...) ... > my firewall won't allow the images to load, hence I cannot view the code. ... you'll have to give us a small clue as to what other stuff ... the opinions expressed in this opinion do not necessarily ...