modem as firewall?

From: RB (rbig_at_bellsouth.nospam.net)
Date: 01/11/04

Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 22:44:09 -0600

I know that some switch/routers act as a firewall, to some extent. Do some
DSL hi-speed modems also do this?

---

  • Re: Chris Re : 0xC00D11CB: Encountered a network message.............
    ... Ok thanks Chris, ... I will give it a try - although I have disabled the firewall ... >> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • modem firewalls?
    ... I know that some switch/routers act as a firewall, ... DSL hi-speed modems also do this? ... Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: XP firewall doesnt screen oubound traffic?
    ... As I said in an earlier post, I have seen other complaints about the lack of adequate information provided by ZoneAlarm, in order to make intelligent decisions. ... > firewall earlier this year, but finally turned it off out of complete ... > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ...
  • Re: XP firewall doesnt screen oubound traffic?
    ... > firewall earlier this year, but finally turned it off out of complete ... > an intelligent decision. ... > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ...
  • Re: Service Pack Roll Back
    ... I aslo got my connection back to the mail firewall... ... Updates' enabled in Add/Remove Programs, ... >|>Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ...