Re: Trojan Horse is More Damaging then a Virus

From: Mimic (null_at_void.net)
Date: 01/10/04

Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 17:25:07 -0000

"Tim H." <tekphobia@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:GPNLb.13008$xy6.34219@attbi_s02...

> "Pictures" <givemeyouraddy@msn.com> wrote in message
> > http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/security/trojan.html
> >
> > Some of you people might want to check out this website because if your
> > on a Windows Platform and you didn't disable the Windows Services which
> > are left open by Microsoft and then installed a Firewall, your computer
> > has a high risk of hosting a Trojan Horse and a Backdoor.
>
> "..because if your on a..." - Your=You're (contraction for you are).
>
> Good advice on the page, but it doesn't substantiate your claim(s). You
and
> Steve Gibson would go great together! FUD..
>
> -Tim

Its bad advice, she is misleading people into thinking that by disabling
services and installing a firewall,
there is less chance of them hosting a trojan.

--
Mimic
and those that dont."

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Trojan Horse is More Damaging then a Virus
    ... >> on a Windows Platform and you didn't disable the Windows Services which ... >> has a high risk of hosting a Trojan Horse and a Backdoor. ... Its bad advice, she is misleading people into thinking that by disabling ... "Without knowledge you have fear. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Slow computer
    ... Clean up the programs running at start up. ... It contains advice ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: should i installed SP 2 in my PC?
    ... > suggestion or advice to help me out. ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ... My suggestion - upgrade. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: How do I get the Windows Update icon to stop notifying me of SP2?
    ... If you don't wish to follow all of the advice immediately, ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... If there was more than one, install them back ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Please help me...
    ... It contains advice ... You should also empty your Internet Explorer Temporary Internet ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)