Re: sick of Linux bias

From: Colonel Flagg (colonel_flagg_at_NOSOUPFORJ00internetwarzone.org)
Date: 01/08/04

Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 19:24:25 -0500

In article <aXXKb.770$Ey6.529@bignews4.bellsouth.net>, me@mail.com
says...
> Dazz Wasted my time by saying: on 1/7/2004 8:47 AM:
> > On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 22:39:11 -0500, Jim <me@mail.com> wrote:
> >

> >>So Linux never crashes, locks up or has any problems? Wow. That is
> >>amazing. Now I see what all the fuss is about. That so so cool.
> >

> > As a matter of interest, have you ever installed and used linux?
> >
> > I don't mean, installing it, and seeing what it was like, and then
> > reformatting after a few hours because you didn't know what to do, I
> > mean, have you ever actually *used* linux?
> >
> > Dazz
> >

> I ran Linux at home for a couple months. Documentation was horrible,
> application support was null, and the library incompatibilities were
> nothing short of a pain in the ass, samba sucked wind...
>
> If you like to play with problems, Linux is the OS for you. I tried
> about 6 different versions. Getting the OS tweaked for performance was a
> nightmare. I was eventually able to do most of the things I wanted.
> However, the total lack of application support, except for half-ass
> programs written by college students, made me realize I just want to use
> my home computers and not have to research everytime I want to do something.
>
> I really wich you people would read my posts more carefully. I never
> said I hate Linux and no one should use it. I am not going to repeat
>
> Jim

Translation: I am too dense to figure it out for myself. I have no
search engine skills.

The documentation is done by techs for techs.

Application support is null, because the software is FREE.... what do
you expect, give you a kickass program AND support for free?

samba absolutely rocks. easy as hell to setup and secure.

library compatibilities could be your lack of experience or the
particular flavor you were running.

i have 20 linux boxes here and there.... ones not connected to the net
with over 300 days of uptime. absolutely NO problems what-so-ever.

you may no hate it, you're probably just not capable of understand and
learning it.

--
Colonel Flagg
http://www.internetwarzone.org/