Re: sick of Linux bias

From: Mike (nospam_at_notherematey.com)
Date: 01/07/04

Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 18:34:55 -0000

"Leythos" <void@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1a65e5cca5d5d0af98a063@news-server.columbus.rr.com...
> In article <btgmep$p2g$1@thorium.cix.co.uk>, nospam@notherematey.com
> says...
> >
> > "Leythos" <void@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > > In article <btepp2$sbo$1@thorium.cix.co.uk>, nospam@notherematey.com
> > > says...

> > software on
> > >
> > > The license for "Use" does not expire and you can use it for
production
> > > in your own office without any restrictions.
> >
> > Sorry, but I must disagree with you. I also thought that was the case
until
> > I got the most recent request to renew my Action Pack subscription and
it
> > contained the following line:-
> >
> > " If you do not renew your subscription before your expiration date, you
are
> > required to remove the Action Pack software from all systems and destroy
the
> > media as stated in the Action Pack license agreement. If you choose to
renew
> > after your subscription expires, you will be charged the full retail
> > subscription price."
>
> Interesting, I just got my AP this year, I've not had to renew it yet,
> but I was told by two different regional centers and the good folks at
> the Partner support site that you can continue to run it without any
> renewal. If, that's not the case, $299 is a cheap price to pay for
> Exchange, SBS 2003, and all of the office productivity apps (10 licenses
> each) that you get. It's almost like renewing your MSDN.

You should read section 4 of the action pack terms and conditions.

      4. Subscription Term and Termination
      The term of this Subscription is one (1) year from the date you
purchase the Subscription. It is important that you maintain properly
licensed Products. You agree that Microsoft may terminate this Agreement,
without prejudice to any other rights or remedies, at any time without prior
written notice to you in the event that you:
            a) Violate the EULAs accompanying the Products.

            b) Resell, transfer, or use the Products for any purpose other
than internal business use, demonstration, testing, education, and
evaluation purposes only.

            c) Engage in, or participate with any third party in, the
unauthorized manufacture, duplication, distribution or use of any Products
or any other Microsoft products or otherwise infringe any other intellectual
property right of Microsoft.

      Upon expiration or earlier termination of this Agreement, you agree to
immediately cease use of and to destroy all copies of any Products,
including but not limited to, all Not for Retail Distribution software media
and all Product License copies.

subsciption you terminate the agreement. When you terminate the agreement
you must stop using the software. End of story.

      If you pay full price for the software you can use it as long as you
like.

begin 666 clear.gif
*HYRTVHNSW@4`.P``
`