Re: sick of Linux bias

From: Mike (nospam_at_notherematey.com)
Date: 01/07/04

Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 18:25:55 -0000

"Leythos" <void@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1a65e69b448c81398a064@news-server.columbus.rr.com...
> In article <oa3ovv470jviv3grpt9juv57fafjrau9v1@4ax.com>,
> cashdj@hotmail.com says...
> > On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 22:39:11 -0500, Jim <me@mail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >So Linux never crashes, locks up or has any problems? Wow. That is
> > >amazing. Now I see what all the fuss is about. That so so cool.
> >
> > As a matter of interest, have you ever installed and used linux?
> >
> > I don't mean, installing it, and seeing what it was like, and then
> > reformatting after a few hours because you didn't know what to do, I
> > mean, have you ever actually *used* linux?
>
> We had a Linux server running at one clients location - we got the job
> because the IT chap that installed it could not keep it running. This
> system would crash at least twice a week. It was setup as a large NAS
> device - all their files were on it. A reboot would bring it back online
> until it crashed again.
>
> After a couple weeks of trying different things we wiped it, installed
> Windows 2000 Server Standard and it's been up every day since.

Interesting.. I suspect that I also could do a bad install of Windows 2000
which would be unreliable and then someone else could come along later and
do a perfect install of Linux. Does that make either operating system bad?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Flash mob in Maryland on tape
    ... I still haven't got Windows 7 set up enough to ... something I thought was going to install MusicMatch ... Get a CD or USB flash with Linux Live on it! ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • >>>> INSTALL LINUX <<<<
    ... Linux Http Install Syntax ... Install Linux On Usb In Windows ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Re: eMachines OEM XP woes - time to buy $tandard?
    ... >>> under Windoze. ... Let's say one wants to install NVU. ... Now show how much easier it is to install MS Office on Linux than ... Windows OS's from Win3.1 to Windows 2003 Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: bad experience with Suse 9.1 on Inspiron 8200
    ... > it is an M$ bug, such technicalities are irrelevant to the end user. ... :-) Windows has ... work as long as they work, trying to install a nitrous ... Linux are at least a *little* bit curious about how their computer works ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Subject: Re: Linux sucks?
    ... > the applications I run in my field do not run on Linux. ... I have cygwin on Windows ... so Windows users only hit this rarely at install. ... XP users hit this when they add hardware and the 'automatic ...
    (Fedora)