Re: sick of Linux bias

From: Lars M. Hansen (badnews_at_hansenonline.net)
Date: 01/06/04

Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 13:01:30 GMT

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 18:07:58 -0700, Charter spoketh

>Says who? Do you have proof, or just some website you found?
>While I don't hate windows, it is NOT up to par with Linux in terms of
>potential security and stability that Linux has to offer.

Bull! Any Windows machine that is properly installed, patched and
configured is just as secure as any Linux box that is properly
installed, patched and configured. I dare you to find any documents
proving otherwise.

Lars M. Hansen
http://www.hansenonline.net

  • Re: reading MS outlook-file under linux
    ... >All people who hate windows, forgive me this question, but i have to use ... >What i want is that i can also read my mails when i boot my pc under linux. ... >i would create an own partition on my harddisk, ... >would place my outlook pst file. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: DVD43
    ... I really hate windows and its perpetual battle with viruses. ... I finally got LimeWire to work. ... But I can't make DVD43 work with wine. ... I also need RS1 to work in Linux. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Unix NOT secure against Viruses on home PCs
    ... Linux anyway because I like Linux and I hate Windows. ... ZoneAlarm, and maybe I leave holes that ZoneAlarm would automatically ... My choice gives others freedom I'd prefer they didn't have, ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: sick of Linux bias
    ... > While I don't hate windows, it is NOT up to par with Linux in terms of ... > potential security and stability that Linux has to offer. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: sick of Linux bias