Re: sick of Linux bias

From: Lars M. Hansen (badnews_at_hansenonline.net)
Date: 01/06/04

Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 12:56:00 GMT

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 23:30:23 -0500, "Crash" Dummy spoketh

>>we deployed Win updates via much hyped SUS deplyement services onto WinXP
>>boxes. 10% of users got impatient and rebooted machines in the middle of
>>the updates, upon bootup, the machines blue screened and were not
>>recoverable implementing any of the official ms emergency recovery
>>procedures posted on ms web site, rendered the OS and staions useless,
>>had to deploy staff to individually re-image workstations.
>
>>you were saying about OE errors?
>
>Reminds me of that stupid Volvo I bought a few years ago. Supposed to have the
>best vehicle safety record. Got drunk, ran a red light, and crashed right into a
>truck! Two weeks in the hospital. Some vehicle safety record!

Yeah, see what happens when a big company buys out your favorite
product?

Lars M. Hansen
http://www.hansenonline.net

  • Re: sick of Linux bias
    ... >>the updates, upon bootup, the machines blue screened and were not ... >>recoverable implementing any of the official ms emergency recovery ... >best vehicle safety record. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Delayed write failed
    ... and installing xp sp2 and all microsoft updates (through MS update ... Now am doing the recovery again but am ... OS- Win XP, SP2, all updates as of Yesterday are installed (double checked ... in MS update site) ...
  • Re: No floppy drive - In desperate need of an emergency boot disk
    ... Thanks so much....I probably do just need a DOS recovery disk. ... I have to apply Sony's many, many, many updates. ... >>Windows crash, I have to use Sony's Recovery Wizard. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Problems after doing XP Home Ed Recovery
    ... Windows Image Acquisition service and double click it. ... I had to do a system recovery for my Compaq Presario and ... I did the check for updates and put it back on automatic ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • RE: Configuring Updates: Stage 3 of 3 0% Complete, Computer Restarts C
    ... Yesterday, I used Avanquest System Suite 9, Recovery Commander to go ... however, able to keep it from restarting by clicking, Repair Your ... same thing-keeps restarting and shows Configuring Updates: ...