Re: sick of Linux bias

From: Rowdy Yates (rowdy.yates_at_no-spam.lycos.com)
Date: 01/06/04

Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 10:27:27 GMT

"Hairy One Kenobi" <abuse@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in
news:1RvKb.18231$FN.6762@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net:

> "Rowdy Yates" <rowdy.yates@no-spam.lycos.com> wrote in message
>> Leythos <void@nowhere.com> wrote in
>> news:MPG.1a63ec3f52a4f22f98a048@news- server.columbus.rr.com:
>> > In article <vvk6t1kl3cv894@corp.supernews.com>, "@micro$oft.com"
>> > <""billyboi\"@micro$oft.com"> says...
>
> <snip>
>
>> > Interesting response - so, I can assume that you've never used a
>> Windows
>> > box since you don't really know anything about Windows other than
>> > the over-blown hype spread by the uninformed.
>> >
>> > I've not seen an exception error in more than a year, and only
>> > because of bad hardware the year before that.
>> >

>> we deployed Win updates via much hyped SUS deplyement services onto
>> WinXP boxes. 10% of users got impatient and rebooted machines in the
>> middle of the updates, upon bootup, the machines blue screened and
>> were not recoverable implementing any of the official ms emergency
>> recovery procedures posted on ms web site, rendered the OS and
>> staions useless, had to deploy staff to individually re-image
>> workstations.
>>
>> you were saying about OE errors?
>
> You deployed updates that required a boot, in the middle of a working
> day..?!?
>
> And were then surprised that users would rather do their jobs and sit
> and watch someone play?!?
>
> And you feel qualified to talk about computer security? Where one of
> the basic tenets is continuity-of-service?
>
> Hmm.
>
> H1K

the updates get deployed first thing in the morning when users logon -
not middle of the day.

how do you do it? wake on lan @ 3am?

--
Rowdy Yates
MCSE, Security+, Linux+

Relevant Pages

  • Re: sick of Linux bias
    ... >we deployed Win updates via much hyped SUS deplyement services onto WinXP ... >recoverable implementing any of the official ms emergency recovery ... best vehicle safety record. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: sick of Linux bias
    ... >we deployed Win updates via much hyped SUS deplyement services onto WinXP ... >recoverable implementing any of the official ms emergency recovery ... best vehicle safety record. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: sick of Linux bias
    ... >> we deployed Win updates via much hyped SUS deplyement services onto ... >> WinXP boxes. ... 10% of users got impatient and rebooted machines in the ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Ride The Lobster - Whats Happening?
    ... already but I don't yet see any updates on the website... ... this is impatient but I'm really curious! ... I've brought my laptop to a ...
    (rec.sport.unicycling)
  • RE: automatic updates fail to install
    ... So no more need for manual operations:P ... if you guys are not impatient you can download and install them manually. ... Windowsupdate found around 50 new updates to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)