Re: WinXP Pro & Ports

From: Damjan (dj19_at_email.si)
Date: 01/06/04

Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 11:19:45 +0100

> Anti-virus software? Some of them do open port 25 and 110 for email
> scanning.

With or without anti-virii software show scanner "open" ports.
But tcpview don't show them! :(

Any ideas?

Than must be something in winxp system - but what?

Tnx!
Greets

  • Re: Now, about running Windows on a Mac, isnt it great?
    ... It's in the closet 'cause it's, well, rather elderly and crotchety. ... The scanner built into the PSC 1350 mentioned above _is_ a TWAIN scanner, ... MENTION parallel ports... ... If, at this late date, you have a printer which has parallel ports only, and can't get hold of HP DirectJet module either internal or external, or a parallel-to-USB converter, you will get no sympathy from me. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Now, about running Windows on a Mac, isnt it great?
    ... Absolute bullshit. ... The scanner built into the PSC 1350 mentioned above _is_ a TWAIN scanner, ... No Mac has _ever_ had built-in parallel ports, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Malfunction of USB-ports
    ... I found out, that 2 ports at the front will not work properly, if I connect ... other scanner is already connected to the computer, ... USB-ports in connection with the plugged consumers? ... There is a Polyfuse near each USB header, ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Windows Unable To Recognize Scanner Driver
    ... I have the scanner plugged directly into one of the ... computer's ports and it seems to be working fine. ... Check Device Manager and remove any entries if necessary. ... driver is in place and that the hardware is working properly. ...
  • Re: Now, about running Windows on a Mac, isnt it great?
    ... It's in the closet 'cause it's, well, rather elderly and crotchety. ... I have used TWAIN scanners and scanner sections built into MFDs from HP, Epson, and Canon over the years. ... MENTION parallel ports... ... If, at this late date, you have a printer which has parallel ports only, and can't get hold of HP DirectJet module either internal or external, or a parallel-to-USB converter, you will get no sympathy from me. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)