Re: sick of Linux bias

From: Rowdy Yates (rowdy.yates_at_no-spam.lycos.com)
Date: 01/06/04

Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 04:14:00 GMT

Leythos <void@nowhere.com> wrote in
news:MPG.1a63feffe3b859b298a04a@news-server.columbus.rr.com:

> In article <Xns9467E37BA55D3rowdyyatesnospamlyco@66.185.95.104>,
> rowdy.yates@no-spam.lycos.com says...
>> Leythos <void@nowhere.com> wrote in
>> news:MPG.1a63ecdc8bcf451098a049@news- server.columbus.rr.com:
>>
>> > In article <Xns9467DC929BDF8rowdyyatesnospamlyco@66.185.95.104>,
>> > rowdy.yates@no-spam.lycos.com says...
>> >
>> > I can't think of one thing that the Nix world offers users that
>> > isn't already offered by the MS world, and I come from the Unix
>> > world.
>> >
>> > What are these unprecedented options?
>> >

>> okay, strip away the GUI from the DC? you don't need it?
>> theoretically, no one should be logging onto it locally after setup.
>> even microsoft are pushing their fancy remote admin features they
>> built into the OS, so why the hell do I need the GUI consuming
>> resources on the DC?
>
> This has absolutely nothing to do with the question or the statement -
> nice try at redirection.
>
> And you didn't answer the question, why?

i don't see how it becomes a "re-direction" on my part when we turn the
topic of the thread towards something a microsoft server OS does not
allow you to do, but would make complete sense for it to allow you to do?
you asked for options. i gave you one.

--
Rowdy Yates
MCSE, Security+, Linux+

Relevant Pages

  • Dynamic Events Problem
    ... I am fairly new to LabVIEW and I am trying to make a GUI that uses ... Messaging and Logging. ... loops by generating control events and using semaphores. ... the GUI event loop and others by the Logging event loop. ...
    (comp.lang.labview)
  • Re: Fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "nafxcwd.lib"
    ... take a program and strip it off all kind of GUI, ... command prompt thingie. ... I suggest you ask again in a microsoft programming group as this is a ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: GUI for firewall configuration
    ... > console and GUI messages on the busy intranet at work. ... You really need a finer-grained logging structure to be totally happy. ... somebody is going to get pissed off enough to totally boot the ...
    (Fedora)
  • Threads and a GUI
    ... I have a simple GUI that runs some methods from a class that formerly ... was part of a commandline application. ... logging seems to die before completing. ... as though the logger exited before completing the output. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: New? software idea: Graphical mouse login and authentification system
    ... > traditional password security system: ... What about logging into machines that run no GUI at all? ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)