Re: Program that hides apps and files

From: Colonel Flagg (colonel_flagg_at_NOSOUPFORJ00internetwarzone.org)
Date: 01/01/04

Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 18:59:30 -0500

In article <bsvahn$2ikq$1@news.fsr.net>, johnsxxx@mudhole.comxx says...
> Seems there is a program available from the hacker sites
> that can hide games, p2p apps, mp3s, etc in the system
> directory in folders that are not normally available to
> the user .. even the admin. The program itself can reside
> "off the computer" on a zip disk, and when run on the
> system .. even as a low level user .. gives that person
> access to these hidden resources. Does anybody have
> any idea what program this is? If I can get the name of
> the .exe, I can block it, but right now, it is sacking my
> labs, and servers. IT Security can see the illicit traffic,
> but then it is too late. I need to know what app this is.
>
> thanks
> johns

pick your poison:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
&q=hide+file+share+folder+files

--
Colonel Flagg
http://www.internetwarzone.org/

Relevant Pages

  • Network Shared Files/UNC
    ... issues regarding our network security. ... GPO settings are not inherited from the domain GPO ... folders of our servers by just running Notepad and going ... another way of tightening security so that the Servers are ...
  • Re: Moving file shares while retaining permissions
    ... > two using DFS and hosted on a SAN. ... > the security on ... > the files and folders as they are moved to seperate servers ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.file_system)
  • Re: Security tab on files or folders and automatic login at Windows startup
    ... To display the Security tab... ... [[Specifies that simplified sharing is enabled. ... share folders with everyone on your workgroup or network and make folders in ... Remove the Security tab ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: 2000 server is losing data files
    ... We have a client that has both a 2000 & a 2003 server that are not on ... When this occurs it is random as to how many folders it will zap. ... We manage a large number of servers and have never come across ... When you say you've ruled out users deleting them, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Access to folders
    ... Yet even though I am the administrator and only user, I still have to give myself permission before I can do certain things or run certain programs. ... I have managed to change the security settings on various folders by going into Properties so that I can access the folders freely and see and access all files. ... > frustrated by the layers of security I have to constantly wade through. ...