Re: AVG free version

From: Pete (user_at_host.domain)
Date: 12/27/03

Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 15:54:17 -0000

"Lou W" <sailounot@home.com> wrote in message
news:b24zujsonciy.wth83moyehj4.dlg@40tude.net...
> Using AVG free version, Just d/l'ed it last night. I have gotten an error
> on boot up "unable to initialize AVG core", everything freezes and I have
> to reboot.Sometimes it boots fine on start up then other times no. Any
tips
> on what is up with this.
>
> TIA
>
> Lou

Hello,

According to the FAQ at http://www.grisoft.com/faq/us_faqtext.php?id=9&sid=8

"After restarting, AVG gives an 'Error in AVG core'. What next ?

This problem is caused by an incorrect or damaged installation. You must
uninstall AVG and then reinstall it. If the problem persists contact
technical support .... "

I don't know if this is applicable to your situation or not. As you have the
free version, you're knackered for technical support from this site. Try a
re-install ?

Regards,

Pete.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Can anyone recommend...........
    ... I found Avast and AVG both slowed my computer down appreciably. ... Lou ... Prev by Date: ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Lockup and Slowdown Problems after installing August Critical
    ... There will come a time in the very near future when AVG 7.5 will no longer update automatically. ... If you wish to stick with AVG Free, ... Do NOT install the toolbar or either of the email scanners. ... You should be aware that come April 2010, you will not receive any more Windows Updates unless SP3 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Unwanted Virus Scan
    ... Indeed the options to prevent this problem are not available in AVG Free ... To start virus scanning type the following into Start/Run:- ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: OT--AVG 8.0 problem
    ... usual stuff that ad-aware always finds). ... undetected and avg free 8 detected it and is fighting with it. ... I also upgraded to AVG 8.0 on my desktop and it seems to be working just ... When I open a few windows in my browser, everything slows to a crawl. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Outlook 6 will not send messages with web site links?
    ... Uninstall AVG & reboot, then do a fresh install of AVG Free 9.0. ... message still does not arrive (with a word file attachement and a web link ... document has also been converted as pdf with the web site link. ...