Re: Check for security loop holes

From: Hairy One Kenobi (abuse_at_[127.0.0.1)
Date: 12/21/03

Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 17:11:32 -0000

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-014.asp

> >> Take a look at this. Now I have not installed this patch and
> >> many others... (I am a dial up user and simply cannot afford
> >> to stay online to install all of them).
> >
> >You asked if you were safe. I gave the link with Dec 18 exploit for which
MS
> >did not have a patch.
>
> Yes thank you. That is what I am trying to find out. So
> WITHOUT THE PATCH with a FIREWALL can I protect my self?

Only until the next fix-for-an-exploit.

Or, to put it another way, if you are walking down a road, there's a chance
that you will be run-over.

It doesn't matter whether you are wearing Microsoft or Open Source socks -
although there are different probabilities for "lucky" socks ;o)

H1K