Firewall problem

From: Neil Hindry (n_nospam_hindry_at__nospam_hotmail.com)
Date: 12/18/03

Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 13:52:08 -0000

I am trying to set up a network, however, I have an strange problem.
If I disable the firewall the network works and each PC can see each other.
However, if I re-enable the firewall and just disable all the rules the
network does not work because the PC can not see the other PC's.

Can anyone explain this odd problem?

Any idea's how I solve it? For information I am using Kerio 2.1.4.

Thanks!!

Relevant Pages

  • RE: can ping but not browse
    ... I have stopped the firewall. ... # are safed from all (security) hazards. ... firewall/bastion host to the internet ... # internet and to an internal network, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Turn off all sharing and network discovery
    ... which is basically Windows XP running as a virtual ... It does need its own AV and firewall. ... unnecessary network resource sharing and resource discovery. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Turn off all sharing and network discovery
    ... which is basically Windows XP running as a virtual ... It does need its own AV and firewall. ... unnecessary network resource sharing and resource discovery. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Why not use NETBEUI on Windows XP ??
    ... Trusted zones means that firewall rules will be bypassed for any or certain ... not count on netbeui being a defense for such as long as smb connectivity ... while the connection is open. ... > Microsoft Networking components on my network. ...
  • Re: Why not use NETBEUI on Windows XP ??
    ... Trusted zones means that firewall rules will be bypassed for any or certain ... not count on netbeui being a defense for such as long as smb connectivity ... while the connection is open. ... > Microsoft Networking components on my network. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)