Comments : Kerio Personal Firewall 4

From: Mr Maggoo (pete_at_terminalsurfer.dyndns.org)
Date: 11/27/03

Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 15:41:37 +0000

Hello,

I've just installed the new Kerio Personal Firewall 4 fresh from
http://www.kerio.com , and was just wondering who else here uses this
product.

I've known that this version of Kerio's firewall has been in beta for a
while, but now it's obviously passed some final testing as it's the only
'personal' firewall I could find now on the Kerio website.

No trouble operating it here, although I would say it's very aggressive with
regard to what applications are doing, even when installing them. I've never
seen this before. I guess that's got to be a good thing.

Nice layout and pretty good set of features. I didn't think anything was
particularly wrong with the 2.1.xxx versions, but this new version is
certainly doing no wrong here.

Anyone have any bad experiences with this program ? Crashes etc ?

Cheers.

Regards,

Pete.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Comments : Kerio Personal Firewall 4
    ... >I've just installed the new Kerio Personal Firewall 4 fresh from ... >regard to what applications are doing, even when installing them. ... It crashed several times on bootup on my Win/98 system. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: (Somewhat OT) Bittorrent clients
    ... You never have to install software on a Mac? ... Every time you save a document you are installing it then... ... It's only common sense to use a firewall, ... to run a web server, database server, file server, application server, ...
    (rec.arts.anime.misc)
  • Re: Ok Here is the thing
    ... >> Uninstall any software you no longer use or cannot remember installing ... >> Windows XP, I suggest you clean up your system first. ... I am not going to say Microsoft ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
  • Re: outbound filtering
    ... Nonetheless, it IS a hardware firewall, and since you felt inclined to mention that it wasn't, someone needed to provide correct information before whoever reads this thread becomes as confused about firewalls and Internet Security in general as you. ... Maybe Packet Sniffing, or Monitoring not just when a connection is made, but when an application changes (Kerio Personal Firewall provides this PROTECTION, if a process is changed, the user is alerted to it). ... I do know that when one process tries to access another (which is interprocess communication, not what you were trying to demonstrate just now), that Kerio does protect against that by alerting the user and asking if he/she wants to allow or deny. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Win Firewall off briefly
    ... Sorry to be so wordy, but this may be the last I can try to assist you becuase from what I've read in your post, you are dismally protected from malware due to the way you use the computer and a lack of facilities to keep Security levels in place. ... I can even see the possibility now that the off/on of the firewall could be a game controlling the firewall and exposing one or several or all ports to the public. ... And since it's a media center machine, only recover it using the mfr's instructions or you could lose the media center features. ... Go to the MS support web stie and get the instructions and preps and requirements for installing SP3. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)